Wednesday 3 June 2015

Pre-Framing and Legal Services Buyers - How You Can Kill Price Resistance

Pre-framing and buyers. You might have heard about pre-framing (or not). Basically it's about putting people in a certain mood before popping the question. Think about how your kids pre-frame by telling you how wonderful you are before asking you for a tenner. Or how a man takes a woman to a restaurant or romantic place to pop the question. (Or the woman does). Pre-framing also works in business. If people expect you to be expensive then they are already prepared to pay what you ask. If someone answers the phone and puts a client through to "our divorce expert" that pre-frames how the conversation will go. (As opposed to saying, "I'll see if there's anyone in that department"). Pre-framing research has been done that proves tiny, one sentence changes can have a major effect on how people feel about other people. And this is important to you. Because pre-framing questions can also help you get more clients. For example, I once asked a prospect, "is getting the cheapest price for this work the most important thing or do you want it do be done the right way?" This pre-framed my prospect into knowing I would not be the cheapest and would offer a higher price. (Which he took). Everything you do can help you pre-frame. If you answer the phone efficiently that pre-frames for someone. If you qualify someone before they ever get to work with you, that pre-frames for you by making the prospect realise your time is valuable and your expertise is reserved for quality clients. When I hear what law firms say to prospects, I know that pre-framing can play an important role in getting more business. For example, just taking control of appointment options by restricting it to two to choose from, can make a prospect realise you are serious and that you are busy. They then know they have to be a serious buyer to access your expertise. There is not really much on pre-framing and business, it's more NLP stuff that covers it. All I wanted to do is let you know to think about how you set your prospects and clients up to give you the answer you want, which is "I'll buy at any price you suggest because I know you are right for me." Branding is another way of pre-framing your offer and with that in mind I just wanted to let you know that if you want a new logo for your firm or promotion then you are welcome to submit your idea here http://goo.gl/forms/yBJK02K5q6 Or just email me. If I think my designer can help I'll make sure he does a good job for £47 (or your money back).

0 comments: